The Angelpoulos statements at NOVA
Immediately following the Press Conference and the statements of the Angelopoulos brothers to the Media, there was a live interview with the Nova SuperEuroleague show.
- Did you believe that this team could make it to here or you just thought that it would only remain at high standards?
- PANAGIOTIS ANGELOPOULOS: If somebody had told me in the summer that we would qualify with a home court disadvantage, I would have never expected it, I thought we would do the best we could and we would fight for the Top – 8 at best…
- Do you finally feel that Olympiacos is on the right path with the young players and this huge bundle of money that followed your previous investments is not necessary, while it also takes less money to move ahead?
- GIORGOS ANGELOPOULOS : Olympiacos is on the right track, but I don’t think it’s a matter of money, nor that it was a mistake that we paid a lot for great players in the previous seasons. It’s only easy to say such a thing now, that we achieved more with less money. This is the easy thing to say, but it’s not the whole story. Nevertheless, Olympiacos is on the right track.
- Does this youthful Olympiacos team remind you of anything? Only because you are fans of basketball. Does it remind you anything of the Partizan that had won the Euroleague in Istanbul?
- PANAGIOTIS ANGELOPOULOS: It’s not the same. We have three Americans that are incredible guys, we have young Greek players, all of them very good kids, we also have foreigners that are very good guys, we have Spanoulis who is our leader; they have all become a whole, a team. It’s something unique, I don’t think it has every happened before.
- The players and Ivkovic have said that Olympiacos is not going to Istanbul either for tourism or as a poor relative. What do you think?
- GIORGOS ANGELOPOULOS: It’s only clear why we are going to Istanbul. We are not going there to lose. All else will follow…