When he joined Olympiacos in the summer of 2011 he was one more member of Greek Basketball’s Generation X. Vangelis Mantzaris was born and raised in Peristeri where he became known through the local team as well all junior National Selections.
Vangelis Mantzaris was present in all recent successes achieved by the junior and Young Men’s National Selections, while he’s now a member of the National Men’s team.
However, he really matured as a player with Olympiacos and is now considered one of the best play-makers in Europe. Present in all the great moments of the recent past, since the summer of 2011, when he joined the ‘reds’, he has celebrated five titles.
On Club level
• 2011-12 Euroleague Champion
• 2012-13 Euroleague Champion
• 2011-12, 2014-15 and 2015-16 Greek Champion
• 2013 Intercontinental Cup Winner
• 2014-15 Euroleague Finalist
On National level
• Gold medal in the Junior Eurobasket 2008
• Gold medal in the Young Men’s Eurobasket 2009
• Silver medal in the Junior Mundobasket 2009
• Silver medal in the Young Men’s Mundobasket 2010
• Peristeri (2007-11)